Highland Cow

Monday 29 November 2010

Greeting Cards: Part II

So i ordered the cards from Vistaprint, only a box of 40 to see how they came out. Can't order les than that from them and the prices worked out cheaper than 25 from a different place. (I have no money so went for the cheap option)

The cards turned up with this red tinge on them....clearly I was not happy about this and told vistaprint. Instead of a refund they offered a new batch completely free. I went with this but brought up my concerns about the red tinge. Was told to re-upload the pictures but lighter, so did this and they said the tinge will be sorted and sent the cards.

Received the new batch of cards on the weekend, nice and fast turn around which is good....sadly I am still not impressed with the quality. I will not carry this whole frustration with them on because I think if i was a company ordering cards to send to clients they would be spot on. But for me, selling the cards in the artistic and greeting card market they are no where near good enough quality.

So what I've learnt is that to achieve the printing quality I want for these cards, (and anything I don't print myself in the future) - I need to see a physical proof before the actual print is done. And please dont think Vistaprint are not worth going to, they are very good for promotional material - business cards, leaflets, etc and offer good prices all round. But for artistic greeting cards they fall short well before the line.

1 comment:

  1. Call them again. If you don't think the quality is up to scratch, they should refund you. And they need to know.

    ReplyDelete