Highland Cow

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Action Photography

I do love to look at action photographs, the extreme sports ones are incredible to me. Just so exciting, of course that is the idea, and I would love to try my hand at some of the extreme sports such as, Climbing, Snowboarding, Motor Racing...sadly I havn't been able to yet. But I will!! I have been lucky enough to capture a few action shots of these extreme sports, be it only small versions. A couple of years ago (2007) it snowed so much that a few of my friends were able to get their snowboards out and make small jumps. The pictures I took are here








Alright maybe not a snowboard but still...




I have also been able to photograph my friends riding their Trials Bikes in the woods near our homes. In case you are unfamiliar with Trials Riding, it is all about stability and style rather than speed. The riders must complete a course that involves many difficult obstacles, without letting their feet touch the ground. Here are the pictures





















All work here is Copyright of James Thorne.
For some more extreme sports action shots, photographer Doug Blane has some incredible images on his website with beautiful landscapes included. http://www.dougblane.myzen.co.uk/www.dougblane.com/extreme-sports


No comments:

Post a Comment