Highland Cow

Thursday 26 August 2010

Why damn you, why why?!?!

I'm finding it very hard to get freelance work. I don't do weddings at that's all that seems to be on offer. Okay people say to me that i should do weddings, but it is just something that i have no interest in. I don't want to be hired for someone's big day to take the images that will be seen and viewed over and over by themselves and their family and friends, and for me not to have put my best effort into capturing all the moments because i'm just not that interested! The responsibility is just too much for me to do it without having the passion. You see, to me that makes sense. For sure I need the money, but I don't want to jeopardise their day and my love of photography.

I was asked if i would take a portrait or two of someone's child recently and they asked how much....so of course I said it would all depend on what you were after, how big/how many, etc. She told me about a local photographer who told her he would do about 6 for an insanely low price. I don't know much but it was a price that doesn't even make sense!?!

Perhaps I'm in the wrong area, an area that is all about weddings and portraits for peanuts....Maybe I just moan too much!! Rant - Ended

No comments:

Post a Comment